Jan 21 – 24, 2016 – Partners in Creation
This year, we want to use our creativity to answer some hard questions:
- What is the purpose of our talent and does it have a place in our community?
- How do we innovate within a worldview of tradition?
- Are modesty or the ego compromised in the performing arts?
- How can we succeed in balancing life/kids, making an income, and making art?
- How can we address the challenge of finding or developing morally adequate material to perform?
- Will the community ever embrace our work?!
- As artists, we have been given GIFTS from Hashem. HOW WELL ARE WE USING THEM?
Our workshops and events this year will focus on
- SONGWRITERS: Meeting and discussing challenges, tips and tricks
- THEATER/FILM: The development of original material
- DANCE: New forms and styles! Composition and collaboration with other art forms
- CLASSICAL MUSIC: Discussing challenges and new directions
- SELF-PRODUCERS: Tips and Tricks for making money from your art
Thursday Night, Jan 21
Classical Music Concert at the National Opera Center America
Music director Rivka Nahari
Featuring: List names
Friday Night, Jan 22
Oneg for the Arts
Improv Theater with Leah Bassett
Learning to Harmonize with Esther Leah Marchette
Motzei Shabbat Jan 23 – Sunday, Jan 24, 2016
PLEASE NOTE: CHANGE IN LOCATION & SCHEDULE
Due to inclement weather, NYC travel restrictions and inoperability of Columbia facilities, PROGRAMMING WILL TAKE PLACE AT 433 TERHUNE AVENUE, PASSAIC, NJ 07055 (THANK YOU TO THE DUBIN FAMILY!) Classes BEGIN at 12 NOON and end by 5pm. *Please stay safe* As we say in the arts… The show must go on!. However, we do apologize for the inconvenience. and thank you for your patience and understanding.
Original Music Concert for Women
Yom Iyun for the Arts
12-2pm / 3-5pm
Vocal Technique with Shari Rosen
Vocal Technique with Bracha Adrezin
Scriptwriting with Leah Gottfried
Acting with Leah Bassett
Dance with Hannah Stern
Songwriting with Esther Leah Marchette
2-3pm Lunch; Presentation by Tzohar Seminary for Chassidus & the Arts